Saturday, July 11, 2009

Signing on

Through the course of my "care-free" summer I've decided to put myself to the test. Back in high school (and through many parts of college) I've absolutely hated writing. But there were times when I realized the potential that was building up within my little double jointed fingers. I didn't always know what to write about, but when I did it was magic. Pure magic.

This test that I'm doing is to see how far my writing will come within one year's time. I would l.o.v.e. to post a new blog every day, but seeing as I'm lazy at times and I am still a student, I will aim for once a week. I guess it shouldn't be too bad, provided I'm writing about things that interest me, and not things that are required for classes. We shall see.

This first entry is mostly to give some background information on myself, in case some poor reader stumbles across my rambling and wonders aloud "who on Earth is this weird chick and why doesn't she know how to write?!" I like to help people.

Up until this past May, I was a student at Alma College in Alma, Michigan. I studied Spanish for 4 years there, and should have graduated (except I never studied abroad. It cost way too freaking much). So I decided to transfer this year. I'm beginning my first- and last- year at Kent State University in Ohio. I'll be doing a one year program to finish my degree. I think I'll be happier there, but I am a little nervous about not seeing my family nearly as often... Anyway. I've been dancing since elementary school, though you probably couldn't tell. I did ballet for a year, then tap for 2 years, then Hawaiian/Tahitian for 10ish, then I took a couple of years off. When I got to college, I started Scottish Highland dance, which I did all 4 years. This past year I took ballet. I love architecture, photography, travel, learning new languages and long walks on the beach. I'm a Virgo who loves a good time.

In all seriousness, I'm looking for a way to express myself in a way that won't be judged. I'm open to other people's opinions provided they are open to mine. That said, if you decide to comment here, keep in mind that if you bash me or other people in a derogatory way, I will delete your comment. Just putting that out there.

Let's have a good time, kids.




Blah. That's all I really want to write about right now. It's hot and muggy (and it's 7-11) so I'm off to get me a free slurpee. Check back later for maybe a little treat (me talking about my love life).


I'll leave you with this:


The boys, Tom and Gary, sleeping the day after we got them.



Salud, dinero y amor para siempre.
Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment